Conditions Treated By NewVision Eyecare In Sammamish, WA
You may already realize the importance of having regular comprehensive eye and vision exams here at NewVision Eyecare in Sammamish WA. But that raises a question: What will you do if a problem is discovered? The answer is that you'll receive prompt, effective care from Dr. Moscovitz right here at our optometry center. Our ability to treat a wide range of conditions can help ensure that you and your loved ones continue to enjoy the best possible eyesight for decades to come.
Common Eye and Vision Conditions
Nobody's perfect, and neither are their eyes. Human eyes are prone to many kinds of eye disorders and vision problems, with complaints ranging in seriousness from temporary discomfort to sight-threatening damage. Some of the more common conditions we see include:
- Refractive Errors (Nearsightedness, Farsightedness, Astigmatism, Presbyopia) - Refractive errors occur when the eyeball, cornea, or lens cannot refract incoming light as perfectly as necessary for clear vision.
- Glaucoma - Glaucoma is an optic nerve disorder that can cause permanent vision loss, usually due to high pressure inside the eye.
- Macular Degeneration - Macular degeneration is an age-related deterioration of the macula, the part of the retina that gives you your central field of vision.
- Pink Eye - Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is an inflammation or infection of the conjunctiva, a membrane that covers the white of the eye.
- Allergies - Allergies can produce their own "pink eye" symptoms, a condition known as allergic conjunctivitis.
- Dry Eye - the Dry eye is an irritating, potentially damaging problem related to either insufficient tear production or an insufficient layer of the oil layer that keeps tears from evaporating.
- Keratoconus - Keratoconus causes the corneas of the eye to bulge outward in a cone shape, causing ever-worsening visual distortion.
- Cataracts - Cataracts are accumulations of proteins that limit the passage of light through the lens, potentially leading to blindness.
- Amblyopia - Amblyopia, or lazy eye, occurs when the brain chooses one eye's input over that of the other, limiting depth perception.
Treatments at NewVision Eyecare
Our eye care services can treat these troubling conditions. Corrective lenses can restore visual clarity for people with refractive errors, keratoconus, and early-stage cataracts. Medications can control glaucoma and macular degeneration. We can prescribe a variety of soothing remedies for pink eye, eye allergies, and dry eye. Amblyopia can be helped with vision therapy and other techniques to normalize communications between the eyes and the brain.
Call Our Clinic for Eye Care Services
Take care of your family's precious eyes by trusting NewVision Eyecare for the care services you need. Start today by calling (425) 392-2196 to schedule an eye exam!